You don’t need to leave the city to find an oasis – although you certainly can. These high-design summer rentals are sight to behold. Check them out via Dwell below.
1. Dubbed, Walden Amidst the Thai Treetops, this Bangkok getaway was inspired by Thoreau.
2. Perfect for a bohemian staycation, this indoor campsite in Bushwick was designed by artists Terry Chiao and Adam Frezza.
3. This former factory fuses Japanese and Scandinavian style. This multi-floored loft in Tokyo includes a kitchen/showroom perfect for food fanatics.
4. Another Tokyo standout, this micro-apartment is dubbed, the Nakagin Capsule Tower, and was designed by Kisho Kurokawa in 1972. But while aesthetically interesting, the small-scale living measuring roughly 7.5 x 12 x 7 feet may not prove very comfortable.
5. Go off the grid with this desert escape in Pioneertown, Calif. [Dwell] – Christopher Cameron