Spring is in full force (finally!) and this week’s parties took advantage of that happy fact. From a real estate developer’s/artist’s party in the new Condé Nast space downtown, to a garden party at the Frick, New Yorkers let loose and enjoyed the springtime.
1) It’s nice to have cool friends. Mark Teixeira, first baseman for the Yankees and board member of the charity Harlem RBI casually brought along his good buddy A-Rod to his gala Bids for Kids on Monday night.
2) The Frick threw its annual Spring Garden Party on Monday night, inspired by Sir Frederic Leighton’s painting Flaming June. Guests included Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney and Puerto Rican politician Jennifer Gonzalez
3) What happens when you combine real estate developers and artists? Douglas Durst wears a psychedelic jacket!
4) The Tony’s may have been boring, but the after parties at the Plaza and the Carlyle sure weren’t.
5) Stella McCartney always draws the über-cool crowd and her 2016 resort launch party in the Elizabeth Street Garden was no exception. Miranda Kerr, Alicia Keys, Leandra Medine (a.k.a. the Man Repeller) were among the leggy elite that attended.