Lou Reed leaves West Village, Hamptons homes to wife

From left: Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson

From left: Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson

Velvet Underground crooner Lou Reed pulled no punches in his will, bequeathing his West Village co-op and East Hampton summer home to wife Laurie Anderson.

Reed, who died on Oct. 27, left 25 percent of his residuary estate to his sister Margaret Reed Weiner, along with $500,000, and left the remainder of his estate — 75 percent — to Anderson.

She also inherited Reed’s art, pictures, jewelry, clothing, personal effects, cars and boats, according to details in his will cited by DNAinfo. She will also now hold interest in the company that holds the rights to his songs, Sister Ray enterprises.

Reed died in his East Hampton home, after battling liver disease. He was 71. [DNAinfo]Julie Strickland

No Comments Yet

Comments are closed