1) Bobby Flay’s Chelsea duplex apparently wasn’t selling fast enough for his taste. Now, the restaurateur and TV star is looking to rent his 3,200-square-foot unit at Rockrose Development’s Chelsea Mercantile at 252 Seventh Avenue, asking $22,500 a month.
2) On the heels of selling her swanky condo at 41 Bond Street, the ex-wife of renowned soda-hater Michael Bloomberg has bought a two-bedroom spread on the Upper West Side. Susan Brown, who was married to the former mayor until 1993, dropped $4.95 million for a two-bedroom penthouse at the Olcott at 27 West 72nd Street, according to city property records.
3) Hotshot artist Domingo Zapata is being accused by his ex-landlord of expressing himself a little too freely. Zapata allegedly wreaked havoc on his former Gramercy Park South townhouse to the tune of $200,000, according to a new lawsuit brought by Carolyn Benitez, who owns the property.
4) Maybe Donald Trump is trying to distance himself from New York in the run-up to the Iowa caucuses. Maybe he thinks the market has peaked — or the apartment is a loser. Either way, the developer and Republican presidential candidate is selling another one of his units at the Trump Park Avenue on the Upper East Side.
5) He is a man of many names — the rap impresario who ushered in the “shiny suit era” of hip-hop with tales of glamorous lifestyles filled with luxury. But Sean Combs is having a hard time getting anyone to buy his Park Imperial apartment. The 2,300-square-foot unit, located on the 66th floor of the celeb-heavy Midtown condo tower at 230 West 56th Street, is back on the market for just under $7 million.
6) Celebrity photographer Albert Watson is listing his picture-perfect 101 Warren Street penthouse. Watson, known for shooting the likes of Alfred Hitchcock and Tupac Shackur, is marketing his 3,800-square-foot condominium unit, the building’s second largest.
7) Dr. Jonathan Zizmor’s subway ads proclaim that “you can look great today and take your time to pay!!” Looks like the dermatologist may have a similar attitude towards his rent payments. Zizmor is accused of failing to pay rent at his Midtown medical offices, according to a summons filed with the supreme court of New York Friday.
8) From a townhouse on the Upper East Side to a penthouse in Chelsea: The Jonas Brothers have been all over NYC real estate the past few weeks.