1) The binoculars were out in full-force at the National Audubon Society’s annual Winter Gala.
2) It’s couture week in Paris, so obviously Balmain had to throw a giant party for it.
3) The antiques show at the Park Avenue Armory opened and Martha Stewart came because of course she did.
4) Winona Ryder wore very thick mascara at the launch of Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Mascara.
5) Healthy-seeming people celebrated at the Everyday Health Holiday Party.
6) Only fake cocaine was ingested at the premiere party for HBO’s new show “Vinyl.”
7) There were no shortage of divas at the New York City Opera’s opening of “Tosca.”
8) This year’s REBNY awards banquet was the same as always. All the bigwigs were there, no one paid attention to the speeches, and REBNY grandees incessantly shushed the audience – to no avail. And yet, something was different: despite the record year that just ended, many attendees displayed a palpable sense of anxiety.