1) Fittingly (considering its International Women’s Day), the UN Women For Peace Association held its annual awards luncheon.
2) All the young and fabulous (or at least socially connected) gathered for the New York Junior League’s 64th Annual Winter Ball Gala.
3) The crème of Hollywood gathered to celebrate — what else? — a brand new old-fashioned movie theater, The Metrograph.
4) Artsy people celebrated the new Park Avenue armory show on “African Perspectives.”
5) Every fashion and design person who’s not in Paris right now gathered to celebrate Surface magazine’s new issue.
6) The world’s top interior designers showed up to the 2016 Design on a Dime Benefit Kick-Off Party to support beautiful designs for less (or even Housing Works).
7) Hermès satisfied the equestrian world — which has been waiting with bated breath — by releasing their new Allegro Saddle. Obviously, they had a party for it.
8) The Met Breuer opens to the public on March 18, but for a few special VIPs, it opened last week at the Opening party.