1) The New York City Mission Society honored Afro Latin Jazz Alliance founder, artistic director and Grammy-Award-winner Arturo O’Farrill at its annual Champions for Children Gala last week.
2) On Wednesday night, guests gathered at the brand new development 17 East 12th Street in Greenwich Village to celebrate the artist, Stephanie Hirsch. Among the guests in attendance were Donny Deutsch, Alison Brod, and Billy and Julie Macklowe, Dori Cooperman, Rosanna Scotto, and Allison and Howard Lutnick.
3) The annual Lenox Hill Spring Gala took a colorful turn this year. A team of top designers made 40 tables in a different theme to decorate Cipriani at 42nd Street and the results were spectacular (think fish tanks and a life-sized statues as centerpieces at the tables).
4) Jaimie Hilfiger held a high tea bridal shower in the Fontainebleau Room at the St. Regis hotel for her family and close friends.
5) Talk about a strange combination! “Vogue,” Garance Doré, and Microsoft co-hosted a party for the Surface Pro 4 at the Whitney Museum of American Art.
6) Martha Graham had its 90th Anniversary Gala at an undisclosed New York Club. Sadly, it does not look like anyone danced.
7) The Save Venice charity raised more than $1 million for the worthy cause of … saving Venetian art. Dolce and Gabbana co-sponsored it, though, so the costumes were amazing.
8) And speaking of Americans interfering in Europe, the American Friends of the Louvre had their annual gala.
9) Animal loving A-listers like Martha Stewart and Drew Barrymore flocked to the ASPCA gala at the Plaza, which was themed “Round of A-Paws for 150 Years.”
10) The Tribeca film fest is in full swing, and everyone who is fashioney and filmy gathered to celebrate it at the fourth annual For the Love of Cinema Gala.
11) Leonardo DiCaprio and Jerry Seinfeld are an unlikely pair, but they came together for the The Foundation Fighting Blindness gala at Cipriani’s 25 Broadway.