1) On Tuesday, a star-studded crowd gathered at the 42nd Street Cipriani to celebrate the Gordon Parks Foundation’s 10th Anniversary Awards Dinner and Auction. Honored individuals included: rapper Kasseem ‘Swizz Beatz’ Dean; fashion-designers Maxwell Osborne and Dao-Yi Chow; Usher; recording artist and actress Janelle Monáe.
2) MoMA’s had its annual Party in the Garden in, you guessed it!, its garden.
3) Last week, the American Cancer Society hosted its 11th annual Taste of Hope event at the Metropolitan Pavilion. The gala featured food, wine and spirits from some of New York’s most popular restaurants.
4) Lots of DJs and party people came, ironically, to celebrate a book about sleep at Arianna Huffington’s book party for her latest work, “The Sleep Revolution.”
5) The National Museum of American Jewish History held its Only in America Gala at Gotham Hall, with guests including Neil deGrasse Tyson and Cory Booker.
6) At The Kitchen’s gala at Cipriani on Wall Street, guests ate, drank and popped ear plugs in their ears during a performance by Glenn Branca.