A photo posted by Andy Torres (@stylescrapbook) on
1) Actor turned Buddhist activist, Richard Gere, has finally found a buyer for his sprawling waterfront estate in the Hamptons. And surprise! It’s Matt Lauer. The sale comes in the midst of a battle over Gere’s $250 million estate with his estranged wife Carey Lowell. Known as Strongheart Manor, the 6.2-acre North Haven compound hit the market in 2013 asking $65 million. It struggled to find a buyer and underwent several price chops and broker swaps. Its most recent asking price was $36.5 million.
2) Art Hamptons had its ninth annual edition in Bridgehampton, where rich people relaxed and browsed the “accessible” works in the “mid-market price range.”
3) Entertainment mogul David Geffen has reportedly sold his Hamptons estate for a whopping $67.3 million. Murmurs of a sale were first heard last month when the New York Post reported Geffen had sold “Cody House”, his spread at 26 and 30 West End Road, to developers.
4) Former model and Sports Illustrated cover-star Christie Brinkley is selling her Hamptons home. The “Tower Hill” estate in Bridgehampton has hit the market asking $29.5 million. The spread sits on an impressive 20 acres and is comprised of a four-bedroom main house, a four-bedroom guest house, and a separate barn/artist studio.
5) Two events in the Hamptons required guests to shed their sandy swimsuits in favor of formal wear: the Hamptons Heart Ball and The White Party. In the words of Jean Shafiroff (who wore a red Oscar de la Renta gown) “Only a few parties out here are dressy. Everyone’s going to more casual. This is the summer. If you can’t relax out here, where are you going to do it?”
6) Talk about a fall from grace! The so-called “Prince of Montauk” real estate agent Dylan Eckardt was fired from his job at Nest Seekers after he was caught driving while stoned and reportedly told the cops, ““I take Xanax and Lithium every day. This is one time I’m not really f–ked up and driving around and you harass me.”
6) Is Montauk the new Jersey Shore? That’s certainly what the locals are worried about, as news hit that Bravo is filming a new reality series there called “Summer House.”