1) Southampton Hospital’s 58th annual Summer Party did it again, drawing out big names, even bigger gowns and raising a small fortune. Together the Hampton’s beautiful people raised over $1.3 million for the Jenny & John Paulson Emergency Department, the sole provider of emergency care on the South Fork.
2) Sure, parking in the Hamptons is a nightmare (and the lack of Ubers is a difficulty), but now, Surf Lodge has a solution: a shuttle! Or more accurately, a Porsche Cayenne that hotel guests can take to the beach, the train or to town.
3) Well this is awkward. Former President George W. Bush ran into soon-to-be-ex-Vice President Joe Biden while dining at Tutto il Giorno in Southampton. A witness told Page Six that Bush “went over to Biden’s table, and they shared a nice exchange. Politics the way it should be: professional and cordial.” Doesn’t that sound nice?
4) Sahm Adrangi, hedge funder extraordinaire and founder of Kerrisdale Capital Management, faces DUI charges after crashing into a Ford SUV and injuring the driver.
5) This event is only for people who really, really like books. Gwyneth Paltrow and Alec Baldwin hosted a benefit party for the East Hampton library in which famous authors had to donate many copies of their books and guests paid $300-a-ticket.
6) Now that’s what we call a makeover! Fashion designer (and daughter of a Beatle) Stella McCartney has purchased a beach cottage in Amagansett for $1.5 million that’s rather modest — but we have suspicions it’s not going to stay that way. According to the New York Post, McCartney intends to either expand or tear down the existing home at 102 & 114 Bay View Avenue.